- Being sure of what we hope for (assuming it’s of Christ’s nature), whether we see it or not.
- Hebrews 11:1—Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Why Have Faith
- I Peter 1:9—obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
- To Forbid Boasting
- Ephesians 2:8-9—For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- To Please God
- Hebrews 11:6—And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
- Luke 7:50—And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
- James 1:2-4—Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
- Guide Your Life
- II Corinthians 5:7—for we walk by faith, not by sight.
How to Receive Faith
- Hear about Christ
- Romans 10:17—So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
- Luke 17:5—The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
Aspects about Faith
- Received as a Gift by God’s Grace
- Ephesians 2:8—For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
- God Gives Different Levels of Faith
- Romans 12:3—For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
- Luke 12:47-48—And that servant who knew his master’s will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. 48 But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
- Jesus is the Founder and Perfector
- Hebrews 12:2—looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Dead without Good Works
- James 2:17—So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.